Monday, August 22, 2011

Kiera's First Day of Preschool

Today was Kiera's first day of preschool! We woke her up at 7:15 and she said, "I want to stay in bed by myself for a little more." She would barely eat breakfast (good thing they get a morning snack!) Both Dave and I took her to school. She walked right in and was happy. We left after a quick hug. I was crying, worrying that she would be bad or hungry or someone would be mean to her...but her teacher called my cell at lunch time to tell me Kiera was having a great day and doing well in school. That was just what I needed to hear. I picked her up after my school and she was happy to see me. She jumped right into my arms for a hug and happily chatted about her day..."A boy was whiney, but I wasn't whiney. I made friends a friend that is a girl. I saw the fish. 22 is the number of the day. A boy didn't know his numbers. I ate all my lunch. A boy is Jack." She seems excited for tomorrow...I hope that continues!

Her "first day pics" are real doozies...


Walking into school

So precious seeing her name on the flower!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! What a GREAT first day! Who could ask for more?

    ReplyDelete