Thursday, June 14, 2012

To the Beach

We took a trip to the Bay Boat Club; it's the unofficial doggie beach in Bay. It started with a little hike, then we hit the sand. Brooke was afraid of the water at first. You can see Kiera trying to drag her in. Kiera and I hunted for beach glass and heart shaped rocks; Kiera is quite the "finder."  Kiera found a lady bug and that little thing stayed with us the whole time we were at the beach and all the way home! It just kept crawling on Kiera. It was a clear day so we could see downtown. We let Brooke off her leash to see if she would go in the water...instead she started to run parallel to the water as if to "herd" the white caps. She also barked at the waves. It was so funny to watch, these pics don't do it justice. We a lemonade and popcorn picnic on the sand. As we were sitting having our snack, Kiera asked me if I'd like to live right on the water. Then she proceeded to say that "next time we get a turkey, from a farm or something, that we can cook it and save the turkey bone (wishbone) and pull it and wish that we could live on the lake. And wishes come true because I wished for a pogo stick last time and I got it." Oh, I how I love that girl and yes, honey, I'd like to live on the lake too!  We will definitely be returning soon. We saw some expert beach glass hunters who brought along a three pronged garden tool and a colander. I'll be bringing those along next time too. 















2 comments:

  1. Kiera & Becky:

    I've been a hunter of Beach Glass for years and I've never found as much as you found in just one day!Guess I should have had the 2 of you with me!

    It sure looks like fun was had by all!

    As ever,
    Nanny Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Mimi missed the boat!

    ReplyDelete